General Advice & Wisdom
- Mother Sourcea source for tips, wisdom & inspiration for mamasYour Baby Your WayWhether you're pondering pregnancy, already pregnant or
a proud parent, find resources to make your journey easier. Check out the community blog, share your own story, find classes & events and discover Portland/Vancouver area retailers & resources.
- We provide the blueprint to help guide you through the maze of new parenthood successfully. From baby proofing, baby gear consultation to nursery set-up we're here to help!
Birth Centers & Midwifery
- Alma MidwiferyMidwifery offering homebirth, birth center and waterbirth options as well as parenting and childbirth classes.
- Vivante MidwiferyNatural childbirth & home birth services (including water birth), as well as gynecological careAndaluz Waterbirth CenterGive birth in their beautiful birthing rooms or in your own home
- ABC Doula ServiceBreastfeeding support and postpartum assistance for families with newborns owned by one amazing mama herself
- Ann Obuchowski
Birth & Postpartum DoulaAnn Obuchowski is a birth & post partum doula who's goal is to assist parents to become empowered & confident in their decisions from birth to parenthood.
- Renaissance Childbirth & Postpartum ProfessionalsA collective of independent birth & postpartum doulas supporting families in the Portland &Vancouver metro areas. The services we offer are inclusive of the whole childbearing year with a special interest with families expecting multiples.
- Sacred Pathways Doula ServicesCaring guidance support for your birth & beyond offering full doula services for pre-natal, chilbirth and post-partum support throughout the greater Portland to Salem areas.
- Full Moon's DaughterCourtney offers doula services, childbirth education workshops, blessingways and Reiki healing.
- BirthRoot Doula ServicesProviding pregnancy, birth, & postpartum doula care. Gracie Koester believes that supporting families in this formative & transformative time gives them strong roots to grow a healthy family. Serving families planning natural or medicated births, having multiples, a VBAC, or desiring breastfeeding or newborn guidance.
- Portland Doula & Childbirth ServicesBrooke Noli is a local doula who provides prenatal, labor and postpartum care for women and their families. Brooke also offers private childbirth education classes.
- North Portland Doula Collective Providing physical & emotional support to mothers & their partners throughout pregnancy, labor & birth. We will work with you to help create the type of positive birth experience that you envision.
- Organic Baby Birth ServicesWe are a husband and wife team supporting the whole family. We provide birth and postpartum doula support, placenta encapsulation, and certified car seat installation.
- Doula JoanJoan is a certified birth doula, childbirth educator & lactation educator. With 14 years of experience she provides new families with exceptional knowledge and support during pregnancy, labor & postpartum.
- Nurtured MomsOffering doula services for Gresham & the greater Portland area including birth support packages as well as postpartum support. Heather's goal is to make sure you have the info & resources you need to make informed decisions and to support you in those decisions.
Resale Shops & Consignment Events
- Bella StellaTwo great resale shops by one awesome owner: for babies and bigger kids (up to 14) as well as maternity, slings, toys etc.
- Piccolina ResaleA New and Resale Boutique for Kids and Maternity
- Hoot-n-AnnieUpscale children’s retailer with the reduced prices of a resale store in SW
- superkids resaleBaby & kid's clothes, toys, baby gear, books & movies, furniture, maternity, nursing & much more! Check website for schedule of events.
- Wee-Cycle Seasonal Children's Consignment Event featuring clothes, toys, baby equipment, furniture and more!
- Mamas n Papas Resale high quality, gently worn clothes and accessories for women and children at wonderful resale prices
- Baby's Bottom Dollar SaleResale clothing event featuring maternity and kid's clothing newborn to size 12 held in Tigard Oregon.
Pregnancy, Baby & Children’s Stores
- Milagro'sOffering natural, fairly-made & recycled products for families including maternity needs, cloth diapers, clothing & toys. A workshop sponsor site for Tiny Talkers!
- Beezo ExchangeChildren & maternity resale & new boutique specializing in European new & used clothing.
- Polliwog Cute store offering clothing and toys for babies and kids, as well as bags, slings etc. for their parents.
- Mamababy BoutiqueClothing and Accessories for Children & the Transitions of Motherhood
Cotton Babies has been top-ranked in the natural parenting products industry for years because we care about our customers. A workshop sponsor site for Tiny Talkers!
- Supported StartKatie Briggs, a physical therapist, offers labor doula & postpartum doula services, as well as infant massage instruction, to women & their families in the Portland, Oregon area. Helping families get off to a good start is their goal!
- Small Beginnings Group Small Beginnings Group offers a range of unique and holistic services to support & nurture families at whatever stage of the journey they are in! Services include home visiting, infant massage, wellness services & specialist courses.
Pediatric & Family Chiropractors
- Devine ChiropracticDr Jeff Devine understands the importance of checking your child's spine and nervous system throughout childhood (and throughout life). This is the best way to detect early irritations before they become childhood problems. It is also a very effective way to avoid unnecessary medications and in some cases, even surgeries. Please don't wait until there is a real problem. Call Dr Devine today.
- Portland Chiropractic GroupDr. Jennifer Brocker helps pregnant women have happy and pain free pregnancies as well as working as a pediatric chiropractor helping babies and children lead healthier lives.
- Dr. Jess Barr Desbrow
Dr. Jess Barr Desbrow is a chiropractic physician who provides unique and gentle care for the entire family.
- Dr. Korin RasmussenChiropractic Care and CranioSacral Therapy for the whole family
- Whole Mama Whole ChildChiropractic Care and CranioSacral Therapy for babies, kids, mamas & mamas-to be
- Solstice AcupunctureAcupuncture and Chinese Medicine serve as tools to bring harmony where there is imbalance, relief where there is pain, & calm where there is turbulence. It is my job to use these tools to guide you back to a life of health. I can help if you are experiencing any physical, mental or emotional concerns. A workshop sponsor site for Tiny Talkers!
- Magnolia HealingAcupuncture, herbs & massage specializing in pre-natal, labor, post-natal & general women’s health issues
- Singing Bird Acupuncture Singing Bird Acupuncture is a healthcare practice dedicated to offering effective, safe and thoughtful Chinese medicine to persons of all ages.
- PDX AcupunctureAcupuncture by Lara Carder in SW Portland
- Inner Heart AcupunctureAcupuncture & traditional oriental medicine specializing in the holistic treatment of women’s health concerns, with a strong emphasis on fertility & pregnancy care.
Dekum Family HealthNaturopathic Physician offering holistic, individualized care to support the health and well being of men, women, and children
- Blossom Natural Health & WellnessDr. Distante is a family physician who specializes in natural medicine with a focus on: clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathy, physical medicine, excercise therapy, hydrotherapy and counseling.
- Vibrant Family MedicineHolistic family practice treating the entire family as well as offering prenatal care & home births
- Dr. Chris Booren primary care naturopathic physician able to provide care for a variety of health issues which include pediatric care
- Stephanie Kaplan, NDtraditional, holistic, progressive naturopathic family medicine
- Nature Cures ClinicDr. Erika Siegel enjoys working with women & children at this full-service Naturopathic, Chiropractic and Chinese medicine health care facility.
- Dr. Joel’s ClinicWe are a small, personal medical practice spread by word of mouth that values community, health through prevention, fostering creativity and leading an eco-friendly lifestyle. This is an innovative pediatric clinic that brings a refreshing alternative to your standard medical practice.
- Providence Medical Group- SW Pediatrics Dr. Jacoby believes that being a pediatrician involves more than just the medical care of a child. “My philosophy of care not only takes into consideration the health and well-being of the child, but the family as a whole,” she says.
- Willamette Falls Pediatric GroupPediatrics is unique in that we care for at least two people during a typical visit: the patient, & their parent/guardian. We consider it a special privilege to provide quality care for your children as they grow and mature from infancy to adulthood, & we’re dedicated to helping you though all the stages in between as well.
Resource Center & Community Classes
- Pod + Kin
Portland's most experienced & knowledgeable prenatal & postpartum fitness instructors, birth educators & '4th trimester' enthusiasts. Offering pre/post Pilates, yoga, + fitness classes, specialty workshops & local resources. A workshop sponsor site for Tiny Talkers!
- Art ala Carte
Free Based art for children located in Sellwood. Children are encouraged to take their own supplies without direction from grown ups. This builds confidence, stretches their imagination & promotes creativity. A workshop sponsor site for Tiny Talkers
We specialize in connecting families to resources & solutions for healthy, confident beginnings. Our areas of service include: Mother-Baby Boutique, Lactation Support, Pump Rentals & Products, Family Wellness Practitioners & Educational Resources. A workshop sponsor site for Tiny Talkers!
- River HealingTransformational Hypnotherapist, birth guardian, licensed massage therapist
Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Pilates
MotherWise YogaYoga for pregnancy, labor & birth as well as yoga for you & baby too!
BijaGretchen Hogue offers Thai Massage and Yoga Instruction for the childbearing year and beyond.
Synthesized movement for pregnancy, postpartum & all mamas! Integrating prenatal & postpartum Pilates, yoga, & other mind body techniques with strength plus resistance training. Through dynamic movement, mamalates offers essential stabilizing, stretching & sculpting classes plus workshops for pregnancy, mom+babe, PilateSculpting, and Birth Recovery.
Spas & Wellness Centers
- Campbell Salgado Studio Campbell Salgado Studio is a boutique photo studio that specializes in pregnancy, baby & children’s photography. Acclaimed photographers create memorable experiences & breathtaking portraits of your family. Photography in your home or our beautiful indoor & outdoor studio.
- Jennifer Murdock Photography
- Capturing the Joy of childhood,the power of motherhood & the love of families. Offering photography sessions for Maternity, Newborn, Infant & Family.
- The Yoga Way to BirthYour companion on that path as you prepare for the hours of labor, the moment of birthing your baby, & the years of nursing & raising your children.
- Head Over Heels Birth EducationAn independent childbirth education company, they educate parents to make the best, informed choices for their childbirth (& early postpartum) experience. Class sizes are small so you can feel safe asking questions & interacting with other parents-to-be. Six weeks to a more relaxed, prepared childbirth!
- Pregnancy Memory Sculpture LLCHave a one-of-a-kind Pregnancy Memory Sculpture made to capture & preserve your beautiful image & create a heirloom keepsake in the process!
Parent Coaching & Classes
- Everything BabyEverything Baby provides parental supportive services as well as personalized & confidential coaching to parents & families. Ranging from the basics, like potty training to complex, like medication free treatment for ADD/ADHD. The user's manual you wish your child came with.
- Mother NurtureHelping Mothers to Succeed and Thrive. Expert Breastfeeding Help (and much more) in Your Own Home. (360) 695-6916
- World of SmilesDr. Stafford's mission is to provide the highest level of dental treatment to children, while emphasizing preventative care through oral hygiene & diet counseling; as well as entertain and inspire them through the practice’s unique travel theme & change their perception of a dental visit.
- The Big Latch OnGroups of nursing mothers coming together at registered venues around the city (or the world) to all nurse their babes at a set time. Portland- let’s keep striving to break the record!!
Breastfeeding challenges can be unexpected & very emotional for new parents. Working with an experienced lactation consultant can help you identify the source of your breastfeeding issues & empower you to discover new approaches to those issues. Luna Lactation provides personalized, clinical support in the comfort of your own home or in our cozy office setting. We provide nurturing support for breastfeeding families at all stages; prenatal, postpartum & beyond.
Eats on Feets
Eats On Feets is a world-wide network for those who have made the informed choice to share breastmilk.
Baby Sleep Resources
- Ruby Sky CoachingIf you are an exhausted parent looking for answers as to how you can help your child develop healthy sleep habits, get in touch with Ruby Sky! Let us share with you how a baby sleep coach may be able to help your sleep deprived family.
Green Parenting Resources
- Portland Green ParentingA local community providing support to help you feel more connected to & mindful of the food your family eats while also getting tips on how to "green" your home & save a bunch of money while doing all of this. Enjoy support, friendship & a sense of community while meeting other like minded families.
- Green Sprouts Festival The ReDirect Guide Green Sprouts Festival is a fun, festive and educational event for the whole family that celebrates & promotes the nurturing of life through nature. From pregnancy to childhood, parents can learn about & explore eco-friendly, community-involved, natural, & healthy options to raising their families.
- Brooke Noli, MA, MFT Therapy & counseling for individuals, couples & the childbearing year. Birth related sessions address the unique physical, emotional and psychological experiences that accompany pregnancy, birth and the post-partum.
- Sam Stevens LMFT
- Sam is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist. In his practice he focuses on working with fathers and teens but also works with couples, individuals, & families. Be sure to check out his Portland New Father's Group.
Graphic Design supporting all of Tiny Talker’s needs
- Gravity CreativeAward Winning Graphic Design... Agency slick work at smaller shop prices.
Random family members I like to support!!
- TrekLight Gear Camping HammocksPortable, camping & backpacking hammocks, accessories, eco totes and more. Owned by the coolest CEO on the planet (not his words, mine :-)
- Drug WatchOver-the-counter medications account for as many as one in 10 birth defects in the children of women who have taken the medications during pregnancy. Our site provides up-to-date info about the side effects of common prescription & over-the-counter medications to help educate consumers & patients.